Trip in Heishui

On September 13, 2015, Sunday grade 9 and 10 from Leman international school went to a trip to Heishui that is in Tibet. We went to a trip for 4 days, on first day to Heishui, we went to Wenchuan and stayed in the guest house. The way going there, we were on the bus for 2 hours. I was sitting with my friend Dabin and we were listening to the music on ear phone sleeping. I heard all music that is in my phone and did games with other friends too. I tried to go card game in bus with them but I thought it will get dizzy when I play games one the bus so I just sit down on my sit sleeping for 2 hours.

After 2 hours passed, we arrived to a guest house that the base color of the building was red and grapes were growing on the woods. I and Dabin became roommate and got room that is up on the roof and have ladders to go up the small roof and look around the village. The guest house was really large and the quality of the building was not so bad. However, inside was not cleaned well that dusts were all around the place. The bugs were flying in the room also it looked like it is a guest house for bugs and dusts. The sky was blue and air was clean up on the mountain (the guest house was on the mountain) but air in our room was felt like I am in the desert. Warm water did not come out, so I and Dabin could not take showers, we just wash our hairs quickly and came out of the bath room. Toilet there was really bad, place where we shower and toilet was right beside each other and also we had to send water that we used to the toilet and flash it after we had a shower. After we changed our cloths in to warm one, we went to visit foreigner’s houses. We looked around the house and also heard about the history about that house. It has been more than 2000 years and the owner’s ancestors have been leaved here more than 2000 years.

I felt surprised about that because in these days, children and adults won’t like to live in old houses and go out to modern places. Same as my thinking, nothing related to young adults and children was not found. It seemed like the old owner of this house is the last person who lives in that house. That house was made by long woods, and no nails were used to build the house. Only woods were used to be holding each other and support. There was a room that we can cook foods, it was in the middle of the room of the house

After we came back to the guest house, I changed my cloth in to comfortable one that I wear when I sleep. I went to Sheila and Sophie’s room to turn on the music and play games. We did rock scissor and paper and the person who won drew funny things on the loser’s face. We had to go down to eat dinner with that face because it was dill that we promised before we start the game. Lots of people laughed at us when we went down to the restaurant with funny faces. After eating dinner, we went up to the room and started to play games again. We played card games together listening to the music. We turned on the K- pop music and started to sing, we wanted to make Tae Woong angry by singing A- pink’s song loudly. We were laughing when we sing songs, it was fun to see Tae Woong’s angry face and keep coming to our room to say stop it.

We slept after 2 hours and when the morning came, we went to the Heishui riding bus for 4 hours. We stayed there for 3 days more in a hotel and did lots of various experiences that normal students could not do. we went to the place it is similar with temple but not. (Monastery) We learnt about Buddhism gods, Siddhartha was the prince of  Indonesia. He wanted to go out of the palace and learn about real life so he went out of the palace and starts to live same us poor people. And at last, he notices about what is the real life and became Buddha. He haves few students to teach what he noticed and one of them goes to the other place to teach other people Buddha’s notice. Next day, we danced in the park with the foreigners, few played with the kids chasing them and others were dancing or resting. I learnt how to dance their traditional dance, it was hard to follow them but it got better and better and at last, I could dance quite similar with them.

1 Comment on Trip in Heishui

1. Mrs T
    September 21, 2015 at 3:02 am (9 years ago)

Victoria, I like your observation that the guest house looked like a guest house for dust and bugs! Very good description.

You have, however, written a lot about what you did with your friends, but nothing about the actual experience of meeting new people and visiting a new area. Remember, we are doing a unit about Culture and I really wanted you to reflect on your trip through that lens. Think about the places you visited – the earthquake museum, the monastery, the glacier – and what you learned about on the trip. Singing K-pop songs and drawing faces is not the cultural experience I was hoping to read about.

Reply