To be an Independent learner

On 28th of August, 2015, Friday during language art class, we talked about being an independent learner. Also, we talked about the various ways to be an independent learner. During the class, I could understand it at first, but it got confused later. So I was worried about it, because if I don’t understand it well, it will be hard for me to write a blog post later after class. But finally I understand 80% at last by thinking about it lots of times and make a list of connections of it. To be an independent learner means, that we are learning lots of various things in the world by our self, or study only one things for a long time. Being an independent learner will be really hard for most of people who were learning in groups of least one person together for a long time least 5 years. Learning independently needs to know how to understand things that you don’t know by yourself. Such as finding dictionary, search in internet and ask someone. Also, being an independent learner is related to the cultures too, cultures around us can affect us big and also give us help or troubles. For examples, there are place where we are learning, manners in our characteristics, foods we eat, education systems, and climates of the country where we are studying. Most of the people could think why that affects us huge. And now I will explain about it one by one, first, a place where you are learning gives you affects by the cultures in that place, second, education systems in every country are different so the place where you have education is really important too. Third, manners of the countries are different, the position we study is different and also how we study is different too. There are other things too but it is too late so I will write until here. Thank you for reading it.

1 Comment on To be an Independent learner

1. Mrs T
    August 31, 2015 at 7:26 am (9 years ago)

Victoria, I think you have demonstrated extremely well what it means to be an independent learner. You did not understand completely at school, and so you worked it out! That’s being an independent learner. By thinking and making connections, you have come to a good understanding of the issue for yourself, rather than a teacher telling you exactly the ‘right’ answer. This is a very good thing.

What you say about culture having an affect is very interesting – and fits well with the unit we are doing: we can see that culture affects many things, including how we learn.

Great post – well done.
    Mrs T 🙂

Reply