Eal Debate

In class, 10th graders and IB students (11th grade) did a debate about China and America’s education. 10th graders were in affirmative team and IB students were in negative team.

Every one tried hard and did their best for the debate but I think it was a debate where I could see which team would win.

While they are preparing the debate, we searched about both countries’ education. I was searching information in negative side so I know more information more than the affirmative side.

Do you know that lot of people in this world thinks China’s education is good. They think all of the students study in a good system and get a good job. However, when I searched the information and read the news, I discovered a different fact, something made me think the opposite.

For example, in china is people think their parents help the students to get better educations and also the teachers work hard but it is not. Of course they work hard for the students but only for themselves. They say it is for them, if they grow up they will say thank you for them.

America’s education is much better than China. Also, there are students who suicides but not as many as china. Also, they get for free time after school then students in China. While Chinese students have to go to the academies after a school

By doing this unit, I could know about lots of facts of two different education systems and think about it too.

Written by, Victoria Hwang

May 24, 2015

1 Comment on Eal Debate

1. Mr Cooper
    June 2, 2015 at 1:45 am (9 years ago)

Thank you Victoria, it is nice to hear your opinion on the topic. I would have liked for you to have provided specific examples based on evidence for a topic like this. For example, you say you read some information in the news, but you don’t say which news sources. By providing sources, your writing not only becomes more academic, but can be useful to readers who may wish to learn more about the topic. Nevertheless, I appreciate your effort.

Reply